Professional, responsive and supportive, our Central HR team offer the very best in all areas of HR provision. All team members are CIPD or CIPP qualified and have a deep understanding of schools and the wider education system.
We offer dedicated and experienced HR experts, offering telephone, written and on-site advice and guidance for schools. Our team supports schools with:
- Disclosure and Barring Service checks
- Case work such as disciplinary, capability, grievances, and managing allegations against staff. This includes advice on conducting investigations, the preparation of a case, the drafting of letters and managing the process to its conclusion.
- Attendance management
- Performance Management including Appraisal, Pay Policy & Performance Related Pay
- Staffing re-structures
- Managed staffing reductions
- Local union engagement
- Attendance at any meeting/hearing as required, including providing procedural and technical advice on the conduct of a hearing
The Central HR team provides;
- A full suite of HR policies and template letters
- Policy and procedures review, updates and consultation with unions
- Contractual documentation
- Online appraisal software
- Online DBS application system
- Payroll and pensions administration
- HR training, including Safer Recruitment and bespoke courses
- Access to Occupational Health services, including assistance in writing the referral report and advising on the contents of the health consultants reports.
The Central HR team are supported by external legal advisors to ensure policies and advice fully comply with employment law and best practice.
The Central HR team report regularly to the Audit & Compliance Committee.